Friday, November 21, 2014

National Novel Writing Month


I was recently contacted by Bob Clary from Webucator about answering some questions about writing as part of National Novel Writing Month. I thought it was a great idea, especially since I've been pretty bad about blogging recently. So here are my answers to his questions.

-  What were your goals when you started writing?

I honestly didn't have a lot of goals when I started, I mostly wrote for fun. At one point, I decided to try and write a novel and my goals progressed from there.

- What are your goals now?

I'm working on another novel, so my goal is to get that finished and hopefully published someday.

- What pays the bills now?

I have an office job working for a long term pharmacy.

- Assuming writing doesn't pay the bills, what motivated you to keep writing?

A love of writing. Even if I knew I would never publish another thing in my life, I would still write, because it's something I love to do.

- What advice would you give young authors hoping to make a career out of writing?

To not give up. There's a lot of rejection an red tape to get through in writing. The publishing world is changing so quickly that people can barely keep up. I think it's easy to get caught up in that world, so staying focused on actually writing can be difficult. Keep at it, even if it's a slow process. Someday all that hard work might pay off.

2 comments:

  1. I saw the comment you left on my blog a week or so ago. I can't tell you how nice it was to hear from you! I didn't remember you had this blog (just Paranormal Pursuits) and I thought something happened to you. Silly, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I've gotten really bad about blogging. I had a lot of technical problems with the other one and it hasn't been worth the stress of trying to sort it all out. I hope you are doing well, it's nice to hear from you! :)

    ReplyDelete