Today I thought I’d share a few tips for my blogger friends. I’ve been blogging for almost two years now and I’ve learned a lot since I first started. Here are a few tips I've picked up on!
- Register your blog with google. If you blog long enough, eventually Google does this on its own. But if you are just starting out, it can help drive traffic your way more quickly. Here’s the link to submit. You can also submit to other search engines as well.
- Give your blog a title that’s at the beginning of the alphabet. This pushes your blog to the top of everyone’s readers and gives you a little more visibility. You can also add *** in front of your title-this also pushes you to the top.
- Title blog posts in the form of a question. When people search for something, they often type things in the form of a question-this will lead them directly to you.
- Turn off captchas. Blogger sets them automatically. Turning them off will lead to more comments. My phone can’t read them, so I frequently find myself wanting to comment on blogs I’ve read and not being able to do so. No captchas=more comments.
- Don’t forget to be yourself. If you come off too formal or spend a lot of time talking about things that don’t really interest you, people will be able to tell.
Do you have any good blogging tips? I'm always looking to learn something new!